My new hat

I am not a hat person. I have only purchased a couple of wool hats for skiing and one job-required hard hat to go logging.

Today I bought a Gore-Tex rain hat at REI. The hat is for attending an outdoor Robert Cray concert on Thursday evening at the Woodland Park Zoo on Thursday, 6/30. The plan was to buy a hat and a poncho in case of rain during the concert. There is a 60% chance on rain on Thursday. If I stay dry, it will be fine.

Gladys was this incredible staffer at REI that knew her stuff after working there for 22 years. She helped me find a hat and poncho right away. Then we got into shopping for a jacket after I got a retail therapy buzz going!

Turns out that REI is a family affair for employees. I was commending Gladys to the cashier while paying. The cashier was Gladys's daughter who had also worked at REI for years. Good thing I was not saying bad things about Gladys! :)

Along with buying my first ever hat, I also became a life member at REI for $20. I have known of REI since junior high school, but never had a reason to buy anything there before.

REI guarantees their products forever. The rain hat will last me the rest of my life as long as I don't lose it. I have wanted a rain hat for years to cover my head for the minute or two that I am outside when going between my car and a building.

I am excited and grateful for my new hat, my REI membership (god knows when I will use it again), and to see Robert Cray at the zoo with Margo. That will be fun and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment