Carrying the message to K-12 counselors

I got to man a booth at the National K-12 counselors event tonight in Seattle. The event was for two hours tonight and goes on through until Tuesday. My booth-mate and I spent time chatting with kind and caring professionals about a 12-step program to help people find sobriety.

I am grateful that I get to be carry the message of recovery instead of being one of those unable to get the message stuck on a painful self-destructive path.

PS: Last night I went to a potluck meeting in Kirkland at The Madison House. It was an awesome meeting with lots of great recovery. Several people there were at one of the first meetings I attended regularly. Twelve years ago, I really wanted to be one of those people. Last night, I was one of those people and it felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment