Families Reunited


My roommate walked out on her family 15 years ago to go use drugs in a serious way with no time for family in her life.   Tomorrow her ex-husband is taking her to lunch along with her 20-year old daughter and her fiancé.   It will be the first time in 5 years she has seen & talked with her daughter.   Her family relations have been a painful issue for a long time.  Even a good thing is stressful.   My roommate is doing relatively well with this event  compared with other previous dysfunctional responses to both positive and negative stressful events.

Granted this is not Ozzie and Harriet forever.   It is a large positive step in the right direction.   That is good enough for tomorrow.  I hope it goes well for all of them.

I am grateful for how much progress my roommate has made in 37 months of methadone and recovery.  That sure beats the alternatives.



No comments:

Post a Comment