Carrying the message aka working with others


Twelve step programs have but one primary purpose—to carry the message to those that are still suffering from addiction of one sort or another.  I love the simplicity of that concept.

There are countless ways of doing that.  Today I worked with others by sharing a meeting about my experiences in the last 9 days since my last meeting.  One of the most profound slogans in the program is "I am only as sick as my secrets".  It means that being honest & current (what is going on in my life/head today) with others is a fundamental spiritual principle in my recovery.

Most people feel safer sharing one-on-one with another person.  There are a small fraction of others like me that feel safer sharing with a group.  I know pretty much what a group will do, I don't do nearly as well in being able to read individuals.  I know there is a trust issue somewhere in that situation.  I have made fantastic progress with my trust issues.  More will be revealed.

Today I am grateful for the 12-step programs, my sobriety and my fellow trudgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment