A Searching and Fearless Moral Inventory

Working the 12-steps via the Narcotics Anonymous Step Working Guides.  Despite the plural name, it is a letter-size soft cover book of 124 pages with 400+questions on the steps.  I am writing my responses in cursive in a 3-ring notebook.  Tonight I finished the last question of the 3rd step and so am now on the 4th step.

Last year Lea and I started a simplified recovery bible-based workbook with short fill-in-the-blank answers.  That was not a searching inventory by any stretch of the imagination.


I read the 4th step from the the NA 12x12 today and a couple pages from the study guide tonight.   It has been almost 10 years since my last 4th step. 

An online definition of moral is: “Moral comes from the Latin word mores, for habits. The moral of a story is supposed to teach you how to be a better person. If moral is used as an adjective, it means good, or ethical. If you have a strong moral character, you are a good member of society. If someone is a cheat and a liar, you might say, "She is not a moral person.


I am grateful to be sober and working on being a better person.   After a rough year with health care issues, I am optimistic for happier times.

No comments:

Post a Comment