working with my doctor's office on an Rx problem

I take 11 pills of five different prescription medicines every day. I refill the scripts at the beginning of each month. This month there was a problem with a prescription having expired leaving me with a partial refill. Normally, the pharmacy contacts my doctor's office and they fax back a refill prescription in a day or two due to my doctor only working 3 days/week.

This month that process broke down. The pharmacy contacted my doctor and claimed to have not gotten a response. They contacted my doctor's office again and were turned down for a refill. One call to my doctor's office got the problem straightened out within 15 minutes. Turned out the pharmacy had somehow lost the original refill. After the problem was resolved, Amy from my doctor's office called me back to explain the situation and let me know it was resolved. If only all problems in life could be fixed that easily.

My pharmacy is easy to work with. They gave me a short supply of meds to hold me over while the problem was resolved.

By contrast, I have dealing with Asus to get an upscale PC motherboard replaced for over a month now. Everytime I call, they promise to get back to me with a response. That rarely happens and it never fixes the problem. Today I got a promise for a call and an email tomorrow from a second level tech. Chances are slim I will be talking up Asus as a viable alternative to Samsung or MSI.

I am grateful for great customer service where I need it most—at my pharmacy. Even the bad customer service is a minor inconvenience since I simply bought an MSI mobo while waiting for Asus to get it together. Soon I will be stuck with two really fast PCs. That is pretty darned close to being a good problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment