a list of good things

Haven't been in the mood to write the longer gratitude posts lately. I am sure that will change in time. When I thought about what I had to be grateful for today, it was a number of things that are not directly related. A recent article on gratitude writing talked of making a list. That seems like a good idea for today.

___Relationships and things I am grateful for:

  • My friends, a few close ones, some good ones and many others
  • My cats: Bug and Jenny
  • My king size bed
  • My apartment
  • Sunny days
  • My 53rd birthday is less than a month away
  • A steady income
  • Online banking
  • Good credit
  • My GP — Dr Lucy Hwang
  • Backup computers
  • Amazon Prime with free shipping & returns
  • My sobriety
  • My 12-step program
  • The ability to be of service and help others
  • The WWW
  • Fast DSL
  • Tech toys: I now have a 1 Gb home network (well at least a switch and two 1 Gb NICs)
  • The US economy is growing new jobs
  • Spring is on the way

I have a lot to be grateful for. Reading my list gives me a sense of serenity that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment