A quick CAT scan + talking with others at UWMC

Went to the U of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) for a CAT scan today.  Got in at 10:47 and was done by 11:05.  Took a couple hours of hanging out to get the results from the doctor.  While waiting I had lunch chatting with the new father next to me that was there to support his wife and premie baby that was born 6 weeks early.  After lunch, I saw a recovery friend in the hallway and talked with him for 30 minutes about the siren call of active addiction and how to avoid getting sucked back in.  This was the most social trip I have ever made to a hospital for a procedure.

I am working on improving my relationships with others by being present in the moment.   I am grateful for the improvement in the depth of my interactions with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment