A new gratitude

My New Years resolution for 2011 is to write 5x/week in my new blog (here) on gratitude.

Last year, my resolution was to go to a 12-step meeting everyday.  My guess is that I made it to about 150 meetings in 2010.  That is less than 50% of 365, but still worked out really well for me.

Ponce de Leon searched for the fabled Fountain of Youth and never found it.  I feel like I have found a 'magic' key to happiness in being grateful.   It did take me 51 years to find.  After a long and difficult search, I am all the more grateful & relieved for having found gratitude to be a powerful antidote for the chronic depression I have endured for the last 35 years.

Hopefully my gratitude blog will help others live a more grateful life.  I know it is going to bring a  wonderful fitness to my mind, emotions, spirituality and soul.  Chances are good with those life-elements being in tip-top shape, my physical fitness will also be greatly improved.

I am an intensely private person.  Posting intimate details will be a challenge for me.  I will have to practice on that.  Writing my gratitude for food, shelter and material objects will only go so far.

More later,

Kevin
December 27, 2010

Updated 3/13/15 for anonymity

No comments:

Post a Comment